Wednesday, April 21, 2010

at the core of it all!!!!!!!!

Well I had an revelation, not quite an epiphany, but a realization of sorts.

Somewhere deep in my soul I must still believe that people are good, of course there are exceptions but that is true of most things.

I a bizarre dream I was thrust into the "Best Man" role at a complete strangers wedding... there were many strange details that do not seem relevant at this point so I will not describe them here.

I had nothing to base the speech on. No prior knowledge of the couple and their interactions or intimate anecdotes. I knew neither of them.

Compounded by the fact on the surface I am scorned, soured to people's intentions I was anxious and uneasy with this daunting task.

Somehow, something in me authored a speech that left not one eye dry and so embodied the true spirit of Love that I awoke astonished.

That internal light bulb had clicked on and I was made aware again that I am the hopeless romantic still.

Give yourself completely everyday to your love, but expect there will be days when they cannot. Take comfort in the fact they will do the same.
Be who you are and take that leap of faith in all things. You have found the one whom will catch you if you fall.

I wish I could have remembered it all. It was heartfelt , pure, and inspiring.

It has reminded me of the goodness in the world and encouraged me to shrug off the coats of cynicism and disconnection. To toss aside the goggles of skepticism and doubt through which I examine the world.

I can breathe deep again and feel renewed.

1 comment:

  1. Having given a "legendary" speech as a best man in the past, I tip my cap to you for that excerpt. I've never been one to inspire, so I always fall back on humor.

    ReplyDelete