Wednesday, June 24, 2009

uh Hello????

for those of you who did follow me - Sorry.

enough said.

No this is not a filler blog, I actually felt the desire to write something. Yes partially out of guilt for being silent for so long and partially because after reading some of my friends work I felt like "hey I bet they would like to hear the voices in my head again."

*** No I have not been on some kind of psycho-neurological suppressants either.

I am an avid cyclists, no doubt more of a neurotic sort. I need the time on the pedals to calm my mind. I think clearly when I am out on the road/trail.

All kinds of things float through the though process during these outings. Unfortunately half of it I can't remember by the time I get back. The other gets interrupted by things like "F*(k that is a big dog, hope he doesn't chase me!" or "Hey buddy please take your car out of my a$$!" ...

So where was I?

recently I have been reminiscing all the one line zingers I have heard. This like "Stockholm Syndrome" (thanks R&V) what a great response it was and I just had to say Gosh I admire a mind as sharp as that. I have had the opportunity to quip back some in my time but now they all seem to be alluding me.... wait I remember one.

I was at a Hockey game and I tend to make all kinds of remarks about players, plays and what not. So this guy comes down the boards and he has his fingers in the mouth of the opponent. The small child in the front row asked why??? without missing a beat I spouted out with..."When he was growing up he wanted to be a dentist..." The lady in front of my shook her head and said "Where do you come up with this stuff???" as she laughed.


These small instances of genius are often quickly forgotten. They should be cherished though. In today's busy lifestyle a short respite born to life from a witticism is like a breath of fresh air, rejuvenating the psyche. Without them our minds might explode form the stress. So collect them in your memories and recall them often.

Honor them and their authors by being a racantour. Share the escape with others and save their sanity also.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're back! I agree - we need to keep track of our witty reparte...

    I don't remember the whole conversation at dinner one night this week, but my daughter agreed with something I said and I replied something like "Of course, I'm right" and she took issue with my words but then I said "Why should my greatness be diminished by saying "thank you" instead of "of course I'm right." And then my attitude cane in for an ass kicking which I roundly ignored. Well, you get the picture......

    ReplyDelete