Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Inspiration Persperation Desperation

Well I was pondering the reasons why people blog. Where do they find their inspiration? What spawns the creative process?

For me it is a reactive/creative process. I become privy to, participate in a conversation about a topic. The topic sparks something in my mind that I feel the need to voice an opinion about.

Sometimes it is a lot of work, sometimes the rebuttal flows like a great river. Of late there is nothing but a dry river bed.

I am uninspired by the government. Actually I am sickened by the fact it resembles a 1st grade elementary class...Liar Liar pants on fire....I am rubber and your glue..... I'm not listening I'm not listening... well you get the picture.

I never feel desperate to write.... sure I feel guilty that I haven't written, I somehow feel that I owe the four people that read me something and it better not be dribble.

Lately though, the creative well has been empty. I perhaps have not been involved in any great debate, or intellectually stimulated enough to be creative.

It is not rock bottom, but it feels like it.

I am in a rut. I had an interesting conversation that touched on "Urinal Mint Mentality" but I didn't have anywhere to go with that really.

One of my dear Friends writes a lot and with all due respect even her posts have not sparked the creative juices in me. I do adore her and enjoy her blog, I dare say I miss it when she doesn't post.

There was a very controversial blogger that was a riot to read... the blogs were edgy and controversial... they often got me started on something or another... but "alas poor Yurik, I knew him well"... /thanks W.S.

I could try some poetry... perhaps.
Haiku - not so much.... :-(

Need a spark, need something to ignite the passion in my mind. I long for the fire to blaze and my synapses to go into overload with thoughts.

Ah I miss the days where I could not type (side note I type like crap and as slow as Molasses in January) fast enough to keep up with the ideas that were racing in my mind. I would lose track of where my tangential thoughts were taking me.

So I dream that soon I shall return to the mental plane where lively conversations abound and blogable thoughts are aplenty.


"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." - Albert Einstein

1 comment: