Wednesday, July 1, 2009

washed away

...Rode in the rain last night. Sure it was sunny and promising when I started out. The air smelled fresh and I ached to be on the road where the wind seems to strip away the stress of life.

after a bit I saw the clouds rolling in and it was a question of how far could I get before getting wet. I did not think "Geez if I turn back now I can get home dry" for turning back was not an option.

Funny thing after I got soaked I almost was glad. The rain seem to help purge me of even more stress. I totally escaped this reality and entered a new one. All I concentrated on was not getting hit and my only worries were if that puddle was covering a huge hole or just merely surface water.

The stress of the day was washed away and I was renewed. The cold water ran down my face and I could taste the salt of what was moments ago sweat. Onward I was driven towards my goal... a warm dry towel. It was not refuge but a reward.

Isn't it odd how things that outwardly seem like they would be unpleasant often surprise us and become a joyful experience?

Welcome the unexpected and keep an open mind. Even the rose whose bloom smells so sweet is protected by it's thorns.

Often the prize is hidden from view, and even more sweet is it's reward.

2 comments:

  1. Wow that's awesome that your ride was destressing. I was just wondering how I will get thru the up coming trials in my life before I decided to read any new blogs from you. My friend Trish whom I've been friends with since highschool is about to lose her new husband to cancer in a matter of weeks. I am overwhelmed with a few issues currently and I have never felt more out of control in my life. I guess I will try to turn things around to see them from a different perspective. Thanks for your honesty and vulnerability.
    Sunshine

    ReplyDelete