Monday, August 24, 2009

I'm sorry what did you just say?????

So I bumped into some friends the other day. Well truth be told I stopped by unexpectedly.

Don't get the wrong idea about me...there was an invitation extended once, and I finally said "Hey...I'm in the area why not now?"

So I hope I wasn't interrupting or intruding.

Anyways back to the blog. During the wonderful conversations that occurred there was a phrase that was uttered that left the rest of us looking like "I'm sorry what did you just say, and what does that mean exactly?"

the answer will be revealed some other day, but it reminded me of all those lovely phrases people come up with.

"Circus Bear Technology" - a phrase invented by some fellas I met while working at SUNY Empire state. Basically it was in reference to how some things got fixed with the same type of technology or what seemed to be the mentality behind a grizzly riding a tiny motorcycle or 17 clowns piled into a tiny car.

"Busier than a one armed paper hanger" ( personally I prefer a different variation - one legged man in an ass-kicking competition) - think about it visualize what would happen as he tried to kick someone in the bum and how that would make him busy.

From a friend who works in the telecommunications industry this little gem. "Communication - Just because we sell it doesn't mean we practice it." when referencing the inability to disseminate information through the company.

I don't think things like FUBAR or PEBKAC apply other than the fact they are funny they are don't really elicit the same kinda of ???? stare.

**** PEBKAC refers to the problems encounter by IT support people. Problem exists between keyboard and chair which leads to SEU syndrome (stupid end user).

Well hopefully I will get some interesting replies or comments which will add to the list.



toodles.

2 comments:

  1. "One Legged Man Wins Ass Kicking Competition

    Not normally a threat to kick some ass...
    Towanda, PA - Long has it been popular in US culture to likely something improbable to "a one-legged man winning an ass-kicking competition". After this past weekend, this phrase may have to be retired.

    The 34-year-old Towanda resident John Kelly didn't have a lot of expectations when he entered the 4th Annual City Ass-Kicking Contest on account of his missing appendage.

    "My whole life people have been telling me I couldn’t kick ass," Bob told Smooth Operator. "Even more so after I lost my leg in a tragic vending machine accident."

    Yet kick ass is just what Bob did, defeating all five competitors he faced, including reigning champion Terry Jones.

    "The speed, the agility… suffice to say, this guy would kick even a three legged man's ass," said Jones shortly after relinquishing his crown which he had held for the past two years.

    "They say that when a man loses his sight or hearing, his other senses become heightened," said Bob. "In my case, losing one leg just made the other leg more ready to kick some serious ass."

    Following the competition, Bob said that he intends to travel to other towns and compete in their ass-kicking contests. He even admitted he might start taking names too."

    http://www.smthop.com/article.aspx?newsnum=1117

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I made the internet.

    "CBT" at "ESC".

    ReplyDelete