Friday, January 22, 2010

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader.
He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
- Anonymous


My Dear friend it has been awhile since we sat in the company of each other. I regret this and feel remiss, but do not doubt that you are ever far from my thoughts.

It seems so long since I gazed into your eyes and saw your unequivocal love.
Recollection brings tears to my eyes…there were times we disagreed, but they seem faded and distant. The good memories are crowding them out and their glow casts the un-pleasantries further into the shadows. I am not ready to say goodbye, or face the fact we shall have no chance to create more memories together…

I will evermore remember you and each time I will wipe a tear from my eye. It will be one born from mixed emotions. Joyous and yet tainted with sadness for each memory will bring back our time together and fill my heart warmly, but all to soon it will remind me that you are gone and once again the cold pain shall pierce me to the core.

Be well…and hold dear in your heart that you have touched my soul, shown unto me the truth in love unconditional. I will always remember you and wonder if I was worthy to share your time.





3 comments:

  1. See, that's the sort of thing that should be written in ruby red, rose scented ink with fancy swirls and sealed in wax.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed - I think I choose that color based on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I seriously need to spell check my self more often. I sound like an idiot lately.... did you read my comment on Emotional Orphan's page ??? I was like did I really write it that way? It sounded so different in my head

    ReplyDelete