Sunday, May 31, 2009

Short Respite

it was a short time away and I am not sure I am back yet but anyays....

There are times that self-reflection is some what like a fun house mirror. You aren't really getting a true image of what is really there, or perhaps rephrased reality isn't truly represented by the image you are perceiving.

It is during these times you need the brutely honest opinion of a friend to clean-up that image and tell you what is what thereby setting things straight.

I think I am fairly thick skinned abut things but if I feel I have wronged a friend or that the relationship has been somehow disrespected I ache through my soul over analyzing everything, replaying every word trying to understand what I may have done wrong.

Usually I have exaggerated every aspect of the incident and after hours of self torment I am enlightened to the fact I am the only one that feels that way.

There are other times where that friend has to say "Get your head out of your ass dummy!" because life is passing you by.

Thankfully it is during these times that I am reminded how truly blessed I am to have such great friends. Some of them read my blog, others have no clue that I write this drivel ( okay I know I am self depreciating again but hey it's my blog)

oh great I have lost my train of thought but I think I just wanted to thank all those whom support me , knowingly and unbeknownst to them.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think you see yourself the way others do. It doesn't have to be so complicated. The change that has ocurred in your life is because it wasn't meant to continue. The only way for you to move on is to realize it will be a positive advance forward. Be open to it. You are great just the way you are.

    ReplyDelete